PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what do u thing
Thread: what do u thing
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2010, 12:16
Pilot DAR

Received 86 Likes on 53 Posts
Considering the possiblilty that the post is honestly intended, I will offer the following advice: Meek, anyone I can imagine, who can afford to pay someone else to fly their aircraft, in particular, a jet, will be looking for a pilot, with not only considerable experience, but a demonstrated eagerness to do their best all the time.

Every time we do something, we should be doing our best for its own sake. Every time we do anything, it's our opportunity to try to do better than we did the previous time, or to learn a new skill. If "doing something" includes the opportunity to check, or proof read, it before actually commiting it, that is certainly worthwhile. Imagine how nice t would be to "proof read" and correct our landings before that were actually accomplished! (Oh, yeah, I guess some pilots do, as I have seen three or four landings during one pass down the runway).

Meek, there is a lot of wisdom here, and it's free! Except the cost to you is demonstrating with your best effort that you appreciate the effort of those who would reply. It is the same as you would demonstrate your best effort if the guy with the jet said you you "Ok take a seat, and lets see how you fly this plane". If your flying of the aircraft were as casual as the writing of your question the jet owner would think.... (well, I'll let you fill that in...). It's not only the skill that someone wants to see, but the effort. The most skilled pilot ever, won't impress the boss if he is still careless.

I once hired a person straight off PPRuNe, without having met her, just because of how well she wrote (and English was very certainly not her first language). I was very happy with my choice, and in time, she moved on to an even better job than I could offer her.

Meek, show us that you care to do your best... what ever the task!