PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G/A below minima
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2010, 09:52
Blip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's pointless to discuss the case of a GA below DA IMHO. as it's self-explanatory Cheers
Sorry 9.G but I must correct you there. What you mean to say is " IT SHOULD be pointless to discuss the case of a GA below DA IMHO. as it's self-explanatory Cheers"

Unfortunately the fact that this thread has made it to page 4 suggests that what is self-explanatory to some, is not to many others.

Personally I think ICAO has a lot to answer for in this and many other areas of aviation safety. This area of performance should be accounted for just as thoroughly as take-off performance, but it clearly isn't.

Whether the aircraft is approaching an airport in the USA, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, or Australia-Pacific, the same laws of physics and gravity apply yet the regulations covering this aspect of aircraft performance apparently does not.

ICAO should have this covered so that it does not come down to individual national/regional authorities such as FAA, JAA, UK CAA, AUS CASA etc.

Thank you fdr for your FAA references. I would never have known otherwise. I have now downloaded the said document from the original source.