PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monitoring TouchDown G Load on B737 with ACMS
Old 19th Feb 2010, 08:45
cmcjma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACMS codes

Boeing says that the VGTD should be used with caution.
As matter of fact a landing is made of longitudinal, vertical and lateral forces.
VGTD, even though related to the vertical sensor, is not a correct measure because it is distorted by the other forces.
VGMX gives you the lateral Gs. I am still looking for the longitudinal force code, which is measured by the QAR, so it exists…
It is quite difficult to make less than 1.2, I did it just a couple of times only. But maybe I am not a good pilot...
Sometimes you have displayed 1.46 but your (vertical) landing was not as hard… Just because it was distorted by a much stronger lateral force. The longitudinal is always important because the speed of the plane at touch down.
Usually, above 1.6, you trigger a soft QAR warning, and above 1.8 a hard QAR warning, and it the limit from which is considered a hard landing by the manufacturer.
Anyway, you may use VGTD but with caution, only for information.
If you wish more, you have PTRM, that gives you the precise settings of the trim, and FLAP that provides the positions of the LE Flaps and Slats, and the TE Flaps.
Besides that, I am also looking for a list of all the possible codes to be used with ACMS pages.
Fly safe