PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVENTRY
Thread: COVENTRY
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2010, 00:17
Happy Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... full time ground school stops tomorrow. A great shame, I did full time ATPL with them three years ago.

In future full time ground school will be in Jordan ( ah yes, I can see that people will go to a stable area like the Middle East for 6 months for just this purpose ) as wlll "hours buidling". Although I never knew of anyone who did do hours building at AFT.

Just the CPL and IR will be done in the UK, at Doncaster. Makes sense since they have not been able to use Coventry for 3 months.

Distance learning will still be available.
G-RICH,

With respect, I'm not sure whether you're a current or former employee of AFT, but please get with the facts (Oh, and for the record, I'm an FI at AFT).
  • A definitive decision on the future of ATPL Groundschool has not yet been made.
  • A definitive decision on a possible relocation away from CVT has again not yet been made, although Doncaster (and other sites) remain an option.
  • AFT has had a SHB ('Structured Hour Building' to you) programme for many years - I've sent and flown with many AFT students on hour-building trips.
  • IR trips are currently been done out of Cranfield, with PPL and CPL flights out of Wellesbourne

I hope this clarifies.

HW