PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 23:08
BEagle

Received 323 Likes on 115 Posts
Much as I've been an enthusiastic supporter of 558 over the years, I haven't been overly impressed by the management skills of VTST, TVOC, VTSC, 558 Club or whatever the hell else it's called this week.

After the Waddington fiasco (entirely avoidable as I later learned) last year and the full knowledge that the 'managers' had already realised thay going to the weary supporters with the begging bowl yet again in a recession wasn't feasible, I was astounded that the fatigue usage was allowed to increase to the extent that an expensive engineering programme would have to be brought forward to this winter. Had they secured sufficient funds or sponsorship for this, fair enough. But they haven't.....

The blizzard of appeal postcards being sent to long-time financial supporters is hardly encouraging - Pleming has been silent for too long, there's cock all about the plight of 558 in the media and the future looks decidedly ominous. Although we can but hope.

Wouldn't it be nice if that very charming Cirencester couple who won the £55million lottery jackpot last week were 558 supporters....

Presumably Pleming or his minions have bothered to find out that the chap is a sky-diving enthusiast, so at least has some aviation interest...