PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR: Ireland
Thread: SAR: Ireland
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2002, 16:48
[email protected]

Received 648 Likes on 285 Posts
That told me then!

BTW Nick I had seen the other line - it did not specify anything regarding number of seats or role equipment - just a red line with 6 survivors taking up 1200lbs of payload.
The line of fuel on your payload graph is at 4000lbs both with 4900lbs of fuel and with the internal option of 7330lbs, why? How much payload is available at max normal fuel - I am assuming that at max normal plus internal fuel the aircraft is at Maximum Allowable Take off Weight of around 27000lbs.

I am sure the S92 is a fabulous aircraft, it's just a shame we ended up with the Merlin as a support helicopter as I feel yours would have been the best aircraft for that job. No one would like a modern, safe aircraft to fly in more than me but when an old design like the Sea King keeps getting the job done despite appalling serviceability, the bean counters will find other things to spend the money on.

One last question - is CAA certification more or less stringent than FAA and when were the latest FAA regs that the S92 meets/exceeds updated?

Apologies to all for sidetracking the thread somewhat, I can understand the Irish AAC spitting feathers over this about turn.