PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2002, 16:36
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Normally returning home from a short holiday is a bit of a comedown. However after reading PPRuNe I am absolutely delighted at all that has been going on.

Well done to you all, and a big thank you for all your hard work.

About three weeks until the end of the six month 'consultation' period for the Government and MoD. If the (predictable) response is that the verdict will stand because the Lords Select Committee offered nothing new in the way of evidence, might I respectfuly suggest that you have a letter ready to send to your MP reminding them that the remit of the Committee was to consider the justification for the findings of those reviewing the conclusions of the RAF Board of Inquiry that both pilots of the Chinook helicopter ZD576 which crashed on the Mull of Kintyre on 2 June 1994 were negligent

They were not looking for any new evidence. They were investigating whether or not the RAF's own rules had been broken and whether the reviewing officers had been lawful in their conclusion. As we all know the unanimous verdict of their Lordships was ... the reviewing officers were not justified in finding that negligence on the part of the pilots caused the aircraft to crash .

Be ready for the play on words and then let your MP know how the Government and MoD are trying to decieve the country.

Great work everyone.
My best, as always
Brian
"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook