PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moonee Ponds International Airport(YMEN)
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 20:33
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gee "JT" that rocking chair must be getting a good work out there How many flasks of red have ya got?

I recall Jim's escapade into the Northcote Golf Links in VH-ALH many years ago, sad story that one, won't go there, no need to now.
Yep JM is up my way (Gisborne), I don't think he's grown any, well vertically anyway He was always good to us gringo's, made us feel important

Yes PH is part of the Vic Air Ambo's, nice guy easy to talk too with no doubt many stories to tell as well.

GAM.....Notty was an apprentice working for Exec's back in the late 70's. Skinny little kid (believe it or not) we used to make go get our morning tea's & lunches. Little did we think at the time that he would go on to own the most AC's in the Sth hemisphere. RIP Steve & thanks for doing our dirty work for us

"yowie" the 500 ft coastal jaunts down the coast where fun dropping into Peterborough (the more inland strip) to let off the Japs & at times Cobden. One day I was tasked to take 2 Japanese tourists along to the GOR (Great ocean Road) & it was one of those typical hot Melb days where the wind was howling from the Nth.
Down around lake Colac after bouncing around like a cork in an ocean for a while I smelt something that I think I will never 4get. I turned around only to see the female pax pretty much green as the grass & spew EVERYWHERE! I didn't know someone could redecorate Maurice's old AC that much with every type of rice meal known to mankind! The hubby ( I assume) tapped me on the shoulder & pointed back behind us, didn't take long to realize that they wanted to go back even though we couldn't communicate language wise. I always wondered if they ever understood the cabin safety briefing, oh well every man for himself going down in a ball of flames I reckon! When back at EN the lady was carted off to hossy by ambulance i think, MM wanted to know if they said anything about wanting their money back.........god I had to laugh!

Gee where does it end...............I wouldn't give any of it back for one second, I'd hate to have no stories to tell after a lifetime of flying if i was a product of a cadet-ship pilot sausage factory, but I guess they'll never know anyway.............such is life!

Wmk2 reaches for the tissues