PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatic Training in the Shoreham area
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 18:57
james hepnar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Mate.

Great choice. I started flying with Phoenix Flying straight after obtaining my PPL, I got checked out on the Bulldog G-CBGX which I have grown to adore. (its my Baby)

Its such a fantastic aeroplane to fly, and aeroplane you never get bored of, its fantastic for nav because of the visibility out of the canopy but its also a fantastic aerobatic aircraft. so its best of both worlds.

The CFI is brilliant, He took me from a basic novice PPL and taught me that there is much more to a PPL than just straight and level.

I couldn't recomend Stuart more, In less than 1 year I have moved from a PA28 to doing aerobatics in the Bulldog, in that time we have covered, Aileron Rolls, Hesitation Rolls, Loops, Cuban Eights, Flick Rolls, Avalanches and Stall Turns, all of which the Bulldog copes with very well,and not only did he teach them to me to a very high standard but I can now do them with confidence on my own and with freinds which is what its all about.

Stuart also got me checked out to fly in and out of some fantastic private airstrips that are scattered around the south (good fun!, I recomend it highly)

I hope your flight goes well on Sunday, You will love the Bulldog...everyone who flies it does. Listen to Stu, he teaches his students to a very high standard and you can learn a hell of alot from him.

Happy flying mate. James