PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Safety Brief
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 15:04
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PN SOP's on everything vary between carriers I'm afraid which can seem very confusing to the pax who might have some interest in these.

We even have an SOP on how and when to check the loo's I bet FR do it differently as so would BA etc etc. We are all doing it properly though.

With regard to the self help exits Pax have to be briefed on these on whatever UK carrier. However I have worked for a carrier that basically said this is the exit and there's the instructions. At EZY you are meant to get a bit more than this as we do try and emphasise the self help bit (without scareing the pax) to try and tell them they may have some responsibility here.

In the eyes of the CAA both would be correct. You decide which is a better brief safety wise.....

You don't need to be aware of every single carriers SOP's to flag something up if you personally are concerned. I would hope that any SCCM would listen anyway and either reassure you there was no issue or if there was go and deal with it. I know I would

I would also hope that when you write to EZY re the briefing failures on your previous flight that EZY would view that as a training/first stage warning issue for that particular crew member but I cannot be sure.

6chimes is right, many airlines will dismiss on this and this is why I would prefer to deal with the crew member myself if what you described initially had happened on my flight. I can be realy scary (and so can my written assesments) but they would not loose their job and would be more focused in future.

The FA holding her shoulder straps.......what an idiot in respect of her own personal safety and yes I could go on with that as well...... If you have an airline background you will know what I mean on that