PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Falklands / The Malvinas - (again?)
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 14:55
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cosmiccomet.
Hi again. I think we may be having a problem as English is not your first language (and Spanish isn't one of mine at all).

I am not blaming the Argentine people for being interested in the world cup (and yes we were here too). I just feel that British troops felt more supported by the British public than the Argentine troops were by the Argentine public. This is not a complaint against your people, but IMHO did make your troops wonder why they were going through such tough times if no one cared about them.

I am also not saying Britain is a great place to live, or Argentina is a bad place.
It is good you are sticking up for your country. You may also know that no matter how much politicians cause trouble, and start wars, that the troops of both sides usually can get on well together, and have things in common.

You mention your air force pilots. I think most folks on this site will agree that your air force and navy pilots were very brave in their missions, and were well trained. But of course, it was a war, and so we did our best to win, just as your side did.

So, please don't confuse any digs at your countries leader of the time, with a dig at the general population.