PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 11:52
flyingchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spin,
that's exactly what I'm saying...I HAD to arm the floats because it was dectated from a WRONG SOP!!!! keep the floats armed at all times is not always safe!! that SOP hasn't chaged yet even after what happened.... my observation was purely constructive, throwing in there my experience that describes a clear management malfunction on producing the right SOP!!!!...would you consider "'second guessing' the certification authorities" acting safely to prevent your crew from getting hurt? I don't!
Far from me acting against the authorities decisions!!!!! but sometimes the input has gotta came from the bottom of the pyramid...that's what we all have the right to do as professional pilots...
...than I have no idea how the floats on 139 work being i never flow one of those, unlike tottigol who has flown 'em all (412, 212, 139) who correctly stated that maybe it wasn't a great decision to install that model of floats on those 412's..
finally I wanted to clarify that my comment had nothing to say about the investigation accurring on Helimer 207's crash and only after investigators will produce their final reports we all will be able to comment and learn from "prior experience" facts... I might be fairly young but have quite an experience on flight safety coming from working my b***t off as a safety officer trying to convince other pilots to be proactive and not just lounge around and fly along without giving inputs....

cheers to you my friend

PS just for tottigol: se magnamo l'olive greche stasera? daje roma dajeee