PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TCAS procedures
Thread: TCAS procedures
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 08:52
CAT1 REVERSION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
767-300ER . . . you're going to get a "traffic" alert before any "RA," and getting a "traffic" alert in itself may not even result in a "RA" . . . so there's nothing wrong with first looking outside; it's an instinctive reaction by most pilots. Not you?

100% RIGHT....

Airmanship, Airmanship, Airmanship. the basics are fast becoming a thing of the past. It's unbelievable how many posts I read where automation and apathy result in confusion and incidents!

Of course you follow your TCAS, thats what we are trained to do, but are you telling me 767-300ER, you want to just sit in your seat heads in and ignore outside visual cues that could save you from having to perform an RA manouvre?

Rubbish......Get your eyes out and have a look if it's an alert, if it worsens to an RA, different ball game, you have to be heads in. Answer to your original question, No I don't think we should just wait for the RA and follow it if a good visual can avoid it in the first instance, and I'm sure your training department would advise the same!!!!

Goodness me, are some Pilots getting that lazy?????

Last edited by CAT1 REVERSION; 18th Feb 2010 at 09:12.