PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Better Business Bureau
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 06:39
On Final

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline Better Business Bureau

Note: Flying in China is all about QAR's at most carriers that I know. If you make a mistake you will be fined and punished. Make sure the airline you plan to work for treats it's pilots well. You also need a good agent that will help you out when or if you get in trouble.

Post about Shenzhen Airlines

Anybody who is thinking about coming to Shenzhen Airlines needs to think about what this could do to their future.
Ask the pilot who right now is battleing with the company about a hard landing. He is already down $10,000 and counting.
Ask the foreign instructor and his student who had a hard landing early last year. These landings are determind by the QAR in the airplane, a means of judging a hard landing that Boeing says is unreliable.
Ask the pilots who had to retain a lawyer to avoid being punished for not following a company policy that was only written in Chinese.
Ask any agent about the punishments that you will be facing for various infractions.
You will be working four days on and two days off, any meeting that the company requires you to attend will be on YOUR day off and does not count as being on duty.
There is also a high rate of good pilots who fail checkrides in the sim or that fail line checks.
Just a few days ago I received multiple emails on the subject of illegally long duty days. Last summer there was so many delays that at least one pilot took a month unpaid leave to recooperate. It is not getting any better.
I can continue with many more examples.
If you are considering Shenzhen, I hope that for your sake you will review what has already been written by clrbu22, jota jota, fly fly and others.
Coming here can change your career in a way you may not like.