PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Falklands / The Malvinas - (again?)
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 22:37
maddog37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys!
I was born in Argentina, so I am closer to cosmiccomet than to you... but I want to point you some "special" things. First of all, we grew up with the idea that Malvinas(Falklands) belongs to Argentina but are eventually occupated by UK, and thatīs very difficult for being change. I know that, these islands(and others near them) were forgotten by the UK for many many years, and the 82 war give a place on the map to the people who live there(said by them). On the other hand we have that Argentina hasnīt got an excellent economic situation, and that means that if a selfdetermination proccess takes place the Falkland population will always vote UK! but what about if the situation were the opposite? Do you think that people who were named as "kelpers" will have any problem for changing their goverment?
Talking about the attacking forces, please realized that Argentina will never be at the same level as UK. We will never have Typhoonīs, we buy second-hand airplanes! But one thing must be said, with that oldfashioned technology our pilots did their job. Obviusly noone here cheers blood bleeding, but a war is about that, and our two countries did what they have to.
And for those guys that are talking about if the Atlantic Conveyor were a civilian ship or not, if it was legal or not itīs strike, just remember where an UK submarine(sorry, I donīt remember the name) sunk the Belgrano. A war zone was dicted by UK(200Nm from Port Standley I think) and this ship was out from there...
And, as somebody wrote, letīs talk like gentlemen!
P.S.: Sorry about my english, I did as good as I could.
P.S.2: I wrote everything without shouting or using CAPS!!!! Cheers for me!!! Jaja