PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salzburg AIS
Thread: Salzburg AIS
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 22:21
Cookie7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General Aviation :: Salzburg Airport W. A. Mozart

I think I should have emphasised something - Pilots are requested to fly the SID precisely.

I wonder why they (airport authority/government/relevant body) feel the need to put this in writing. Surely it's one of those things that doesn't really need to be said.

The YMEL monitors are on the AsA website, as is the "flight tracking system" which allows various nearby residents to report a flight they feel was not on the correct flight path, was excessively loud or anything that the ****-stirrers around Tulla (and Essendon) wish to complain about.

There is a thread about the b/s going on at Essendon and Moorabbin has had it's fair share of complaining residents - all of which have received some fan mail from PPRuners!

Regarding the new transport minister born in Salzburg, I'd say there are probably real issues to deal with before he/she starts stuffing around with things he/she has limited idea on.

I always find it strangely amusing when residents complain about noise and flightpaths - these are the same residents who are highly aware of it before they moved in. Complaining because they can? PPruning because I can? Yes.

Last edited by Cookie7; 17th Feb 2010 at 22:36.