PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting Started
Thread: Getting Started
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2002, 12:11
schleprock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Welcome to Aviation

Hi there!

You probably had no idea of what you were gettin into did you! Don't get me wrong, I've been flying now for 13 years and there is nothing else I would rather do. I have recently been hired by WestJet. I worked for about 9 other employees prior to that including CanJet, Canada 3000 and Inter-Canadian. However, it's been a long hard road.

The travelling road show. Yep, been there done that! 14,0000 Kms in two weeks. I too talked to one CP. I think my best advice to you would be to get yourself an aviation directory to start with and if you have access to a fax maching, fax the companies you are interested in a resume. That will most likely be all of them! Follow that up with a friendly call shortly afterwards just to make sure they received your resume alright and then that will give you the opportunity to ask them if require pilots and if so maybe you could speak to the CP if he or she is not too busy.

No offence, but with lower total time, that is about all you can do for now. Just be persistent and call them back on a regular basis to make enquiries. Once a month would be sufficient otherwise you will just PI$$ them off!

Best of luck to you and keep the blue side up!

Schlep