PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAN Chile Interview!
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 19:01
dannyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@skydude58

Actually there is plenty of qualified pilots in Chile. LAN goes by a term that I can't recall at this moment that states they look for qualified local human resources before glancing over the border for pilots. There are Chilean pilots qualified for the job, very good ones too. Now, LAN having a big demand for pilots... thatīs a different story. But itīs a given they will look for nationals first. Why bother to sponsor someone? Specially when DEC is not what they are looking for.

Maybe shickfuss didnīt express it the best way but what he says itīs true. Reading this thread didnīt make me feel very well until I knew Yeager is Chilean. Otherwise, it kind of sucks to see outsiders getting jobs in Chile when there are qualified pilots here. If the local resource is depleted, only THEN I would find it OK. Letīs be fair.

Oh, just so you know skydude58, LAN is far from being a crappy airline. Bringing the industry down? They werenīt really affected by the economic recession and itīs one of the first companies starting to grow once again in the western hemisphere. Up there where you guys are, itīs still all ****ty. With your attitude you are bringing yourself down. Have a good one.

Saludos,