PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dead Tired
Thread: Dead Tired
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 17:41
Bernoulli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that much effort is being put into place by certain trans- national low cost airlines in Europe to ensure that the findings of this report are ignored.

I wrote in early January to the EU Transport Commissioner, Mr Tajani to express my concern that the new rules would not fully incorporate the findings of the Moebus Report. So far, neither he, nor his office have got round to replying. Today I learnt that Mr Tajani has moved on and the new Transport Commissioner is a Mr Siim Kallas.

Anyone out there in a cockpit who's concerned about the impact of fatigue on the safety of the operation in which you're involved (and therefore the safety of the travelling public) should express their concerns now to Mr Kallas or another important wheel in this issue, Mr Brian Simpson. He's chairman of the Transport Committee.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Don't just sit there and read this thinking 'oh, some other chap'll send them a message' or 'it'll be allright'. No they won't and no it won't. Remember that full time sophisticated lobbyists are being paid right now to ensure that these new regulations are as loose as possible in order to protect their paymaster's bottom line. Joe Public doesn't care about these issues so it's up to us to stick up for them and ensure that their journey is as safe as possible. Go on..... send them a message supporting a safe, scientifically based level playing field across Europe. You owe it to those that pay our wages.