PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Flight School - what to look for
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2002, 10:27
Flight Safety

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo7, thanks.

The instructor who gave me the demo ride seemed very interested in teaching me. I didn't think to ask the question about having the same instructor each time, but when I was there I observed that each instructor seemed very familiar with his student(s), so perhaps that's the case.

When I asked about ground school (where I took the demo ride), they suggested several options including a local junior college that specializes in aviation courses, as well as the CBT option. I just recently got married and now live reasonably close to that college, so it will be on my list of places to check. I'll have to check with this flight school to see if the instructors are also available for ground school/exam related questions, but I thought I heard them mention that they were.

I know one thing, on my 2 visits they had airplanes available, and I very much like their aircraft. They (the C172s) are new, kept spotless, and appear well maintained. They are an authorized Cessna Pilot Center, and an authorized Cessna Maintenance Center as well. In short I really liked them, but I'll follow A and C's advice and looking into all of schools (that look promising) before deciding.

BTW, my new wife is very supportive of my flying (we've been talking about it for over 2 years now), and she also went with me on the demo ride. She said she really enjoyed it, and liked both the instructor and the aircraft we flew in (as good aircraft maintenance and thorough safe flight instruction have often been topics of conversation between us).

(Edited for word omission)