PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 13:29
Amelia Earhart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Derry Journal 18 February 2010:

Derry City Council is set to confirm the appointment of local businessmen Roy Devine as head of [a] new firm to develop City of Derry Airport.

The local Authority is due [to] officially announce the move at the end of this month.

The board of the new company, which will also include Letterkenny businessman Paul Byrne and former managing director of Aldergrove International airport, Albert Harrison, is tasked to attract private investment [to] the airport and transforming the loss making business into a viable concern.
Quite apart from the grammar mistakes I had to correct, where do they get this copy? Albert Harrison former managing director of BFS? Yeah, but surely of more relevance to these parts and therefore to the Derry Journal is that he is the former manager of LDY.

Anyway, they've been talking about this new company, etc, for an eternity. Always seems very slow when government get involved in anything. Not sure whether the announcement later this month is just about the new board appointment or whether it is about the company itself.

Hey, maybe they've been holding back route announcements for a blaze of publicity with this new company.

I wonder could I hold my breath for 11 days . . . . . . . . . . . . . .