PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Biz Jet Interview
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 12:18
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Be yourself, be honest, don't lie, don't tell them icredible stories, especially regarding what you would be willing to do once you get the job. Be prepared to answer questions regarding details of your CV rather than questions about the minimum climb gradient in the second segment.

There's not much you can do to prepare yourself other than a good night's sleep before the interview. It's like going to a blind date with a girl. You really don't know what to expect. Almost certainly, they won't look for the perfect (robot) pilot, but for a human team member. Able to work in a very small team with (sometimes) minimal support from the outside. Able to perform duties totally different from operating a modern aeroplane (my ten year old son could do that and they know it).
Many employers care more about general life experience than flying hours. In "my" company, most pilots have worked (some still do, like myself) in completely different jobs before starting their flying career. This is certainly no coincidence. So if you have other things than flying on your CV, tell them about it! That will impress them more than the speed at which you can punch co-ordinates into the FMS...

Good luck,
Max