PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Safety Brief
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 11:58
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear PN we are just going to have to agree to differ on this one.

My post was totally justified. You came onto a worldwide public forum and trashed the safety brief of a well respected UK carrier as "wholly ineffective" (your words). That's a serious accusation potentially damaging to EZY's reputation and this is not the place to make it. I directed you to the CAA who oversee the AOC. If you are that concerned (rather than just having a rant) these are the people you should be talking too.

In the meantime please feel free to write to EZY management. Be sure to mention the second demonstrating CC was at Row 15 as you overlooked to mention that in your OP as indeed you forgot to mention the aircraft type as well. On the 319 the CC should be at Row 1 and Row 13. No doubt a NTC will be circulated to remind crew of this if that was the plane you travelled on.

So I should give "consideration" to doing a seperate overwing exit brief? That wouldn't be the one a fully trained member of CC does up to 4 times a day to pax sitting at these exits would it? It goes along the lines of:

"Just to make you aware you are sitting by the emergency exits. These are self help exits and in the event of an emergency occuring you would be required to operate them. Please can I draw your attention to the operating instructions (pointing to location of these) and please make sure you look at your safety card before departure. Are you still happy to sit here?"

Also consideration is given on every flight to the suitability of the pax sitting there to fulfil this function.

Just for the record my own personal opinion is that all safety briefs should be done by video as pax seem to take far more notice of these anyway and they are easier to see. However when EZY want my opinion they give it to me