PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New airport measures not enough: expert
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 11:01
RedTBar
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you’re conveniently overlooking the glaring contradiction that doing star-jumps in front of an x-ray machine in the terminal doesn’t secure anyone, when no-one cares about the other people roaming airside freely. It is just a farce, waste of money and an insult to the traveller and tax payer.
I think it's been said countless times before that consistency has to be achieved and it's not at the moment.If one person has to be screened then everyone has from cleaners to even pilots.To have the front door locked tight but leaving the back door wide open is the problem.To turn around and say that because cleaners are not checked then we might as well not screen anyone is not the answer.
Red you might not be offended by stupid policy on a daily basis, but most of us are. What would offend you?
Would you be offended by a night time curfew?
Being implanted with an identification tag?
Or maybe living in common quarters surrounded by barbed wire – all in the name of security of course.
Erin,It looks like some people have delicate sensibilities but I'll tell you what offends me.
Having to pay exorbitant insurance because of other people in our society.
Having to pay for things like airbags and other passive safety devices because the average driver couldn't drive their finger into a tub of warm butter.
Listening to people who make claims that are clearly naive.
BTW my “plan” would be an adjustment to foreign policy to reduce the risk before it gets here
Erin,a case of too little too late.It's a little late to close the barn door, the horse has bolted a long time ago.