PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 777 DEC position (Europe)
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 10:35
EFC 3 DAYS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no other stuff! No bonuses, no nothing. I have the contract here in front of me. Its a useless contract and Turkish must be out of their minds if they think they will attract anyone who is currently employed with this pile of garbage.
As an added bonus; your flight to and from home is only valid within Europe and even that is neither confirmed seat let alone Business Class. If you fly under the monthly schedule awarded to you then your pay will be deducted for the amount of flying you did not do.
You get one free DOMESTIC pass after one years service then one INTERNATIONAL pass valid only within EUROPE and the MIDDLE EAST
You will be REQUIRED to pay 5% Turkish tax
Any travel benefit offered by Turkish can only be gained after one year of service. With a one year contract being offered to pilots it doesnt take a genius to figure out that the Turks are lowballing prospective pilots here....
I have worked many contracts before and this by far is the worst I have seen from an established carrier. If they wanted to make it worthwhile they should start by paying at least 9500 Euro, a confirmed Business Class to and from home and a three year contract.
A job worth considering for the unemployed or for those already employed who are facing a firing squad!!!

Last edited by EFC 3 DAYS; 17th Feb 2010 at 11:25.