PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN
Thread: DUBLIN
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 09:54
ayroplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a little confused. How were Aer Lingus embarrased? They had nothing to do with it apart from legally occupy the building he was after. In fact now that it's mentioned i'm curious as to see how the DAA were embarrased either. My understanding is Ryanair never dealt with them in the first place.
OK let me spell it out for you.

MOL to IDA: We want Hangar 6. 500 jobs but no f******g Unions.

IDA to MC: MOL wants Hangar 6. 500 jobs but no Unions.

MC to DAA: MOL wants Hangar 6. 500 jobs but no Unions.

DAA to MC: Hangar 6? Over our f*****g dead bodies.

MC to DAA: But how can we stop it?

DAA to MC: We'll be back to you in 10 minutes.

DAA to EI: We want you in Hangar 6.

EI to DAA: No way, it's far to big for us.

DAA to EI: MOL wants it.

EI to DAA: Mein Gott!!! We'll be in it by midnight tonight. What about the lease costs?

DAA to EI: Don't worry. We'll look after you.

EI to DAA: But what if someone else bigger than us comes along?

DAA to EI: Don't worry. We'll put the usual clause in. Get moving.

DAA to MC: Sorted. Tell that f*****r MOL that Hangar 6 is not available but we'll talk to him on our terms.

That's how it works at DUB.

So, MOL now sets his plan in action to get back at the triumvirate.
In a big publicity stunt he gives 200 of the jobs to Scotland and announces he can still give 300 to DUB but only in Hangar 6.

With the media and the Opposition in full stride behind him, the publication of the pathetic correspondence and the photos of the empty Hangar 6, the DAA, MC and Aer Lingus (who won't vacate a hangar they don't need even for the sake of 300 jobs) are shown up to be, in the public eye, the bad boys all working together to keep him out even in desperate times with hundreds of jobs at stake.