PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Viz Risk takers!?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2002, 08:20
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Capt Notarious
Think I might be able to help with some answers:
Q1: No not an invasion of privacy, if the pic was taken in a public place, or i think from a place with unrestricted public access. Recent example from memory is photos of Anna Ford (ex BBC news Anchor) taken on public beach and published. She claimed invasion of privacy, finding was 'well you were in a public place, you should have thought of that before'.
Q2:Not sure, I dont think so, it would depend on the content of the picture, and possibly the medium (ie celluloid or digital). Perhaps a legal eagle can assist with this. The catch might be the words/comments submitted with or about the picture.
Q3: Dont know, I dont see why they should ban, as they currently allow links to sites pictures under Pprunes current terms of use, so long as the link meets those terms and conditions.
Q4:I think you would first have to determine whether the flight taken was sold/given as being provided by a professional helicopter pilot. My guess is that you would have to prove a breach of regulations/licenses, rather than whether a 'professional' would have taken the flight, as a 'professional' can make a misjudgement. What would pax sue for, stress?
Q5:Yes, if it were libelous/slanderous or untrue. He may however need a big bank balance to afford said case, depending on where the information appeared.