PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security liquids Bag
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2010, 01:09
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTB,

In my case, the airline I work for strongly discourages us against putting bags in the hold, due to the way one aircraft type is loaded. As crew, on the average three day short haul trip, we change aircraft approximately every two sectors, often on pretty tight turnarounds and bags are difficult to locate quickly. As a result, we have to carry all the extra liquids needed for the trip, in hand luggage. For this reason, the company actually went to the Dft to confirm that the M&S bags were acceptable. They agreed that the bags, did indeed, fit all the requirements and gave us the green light.

Sadly, while they may be accepted by the DfT, "They 'aint at Manchester", according to the vile, nasty little swamp rat of a failed wheel clamper, who I suspect spends his time off counting how many hairs he has managed to grow "down there". It appears that Manchester have their own rules, but then again, as this character was keen to point out, his girlfriend manages just fine and she has to go through security every single day to work in the Ethiad lounge. What a hero, God bless her! I'm assuming she's not night stopping in the lounge though?

And if you do go through and get forced into buying one of their rip off bags for £1, despite the fact that the person in front of you, has just been cleared without question, with exactly the same bag, then don't even think about using that as an excuse. Apparently, inconsistencies in security are not this supervisors fault, or his problem.

Finally, if you are tempted to stand your ground and argue, be aware that if you are crew, this one will helpfully remind you of your responsibilities with regards to an ontime departure and suggest that you cough up quickly before you make the flight late, as you aren't going anywhere till you do!

However, never fear. At least you can rest easy, knowing that your £1 has supposedly gone to charity. You won't find out which one though, as that appears to be priviledged information.....