PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Safety Brief
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2010, 18:30
10DowningSt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's one or two to go along with, I'll leave you to find the rest....

quite uncalled for
meaningless cliche

will not endear you to management when I follow up with a letter.
You'll do what? Are you seriously proposing to write to her management to point out the error of her ways in a Pprune post? (OK, not bad English, that one. Just a very strange thing to say on an anonymous forum.)

to crane backward
To crane is a transitive verb. Crane what? Your head? Your left leg? Your d........ no, let's stop this. And in my book, backward is an adjective, backwards is the adverb you meant to use. But perhaps usage has changed that.

equally misplaced
Equal to what? What was previously described as misplaced?

had the brief passed me by
Are you talking about a lawyer wandering about in the cabin? Or a mobile piece of laminated card running up and down?

assiguously
Is this something to do with assegais? It's the best I can do with that word. Do you wave one around while reading the briefing card? Some kind of look-at-me signal?

to consider a separate brief for those sitting by the emergency exits
OK, the English is OK, but every single time I have bagged the overwing exit seat I have been carefully briefed on how to open it. That's on a number of airlines including the main UK ones.

I will reserve any further response
As in reserve a seat? Reserve a spot in heaven? How does one reserve a further response? What is a "further" response, anyway? One that's further away than the last one?

Oh God, I need to get out more. You did ask. And I'm even more entitled to be pompous, so I am.