PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2010, 14:01
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luftwaffe e-mail

As usual ''Flying by the seat of my pants', or is it a case of 'fools rush in where angels fear to tread'. In other words I have just sent six emails to J.G wartime pilots ( M.E 109 ?) , whose email addresses were sent to me by a gentleman in Germany. The emails contained the letter , in German, previously posted here.

The recipients (I hope) are from JG1 / 2/3/ 51/ 52/ 54/ units. and , I think ex M.E 109 pilots.

JG =
# Jagdgeschwader 1 (World War II), a unit of the Luftwaffe in World War II; also known as Jagdgeschwader 1
Fingers crossed , or knock on wood.

I any of the above mentioned J.G pilots have logged on since receiving the email we would be very pleased to hear from you, if it is only 'Hallo'

Yes REG, I agree with you entirely . I feel as if I among friends, and doing something that is appreciated. With regards to computers I am also glad that I learned to operate a computer, but in my case I became interested sometime ago and spent a year (seven hours per week)on an A.S level followed by another year on an A level course. But now that we have Windows it is much easier, and much of the knowledge gained is of no use.