PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson: Greatest Helicopter of all time
Old 16th Feb 2010, 10:51
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very clever bit of thinking there Night Owl. you were bound to get some responses rather than be left on the wood heap of despair.

Now I've only flown these "R" things for, oh about eighteen years, and due to my very strong preferences elswhere, no I don't have any more than about 9K hours in them. I now fly them because I have to.

With great respect, 'the greatest helicopter', that's BS and total rubbish.

There is one very good thing about them that others could have and many nowadays spend heaps in designing to try to emulate. That is the way the critical instruments that are required to be scanned, are right there, in the edge of your eyeline as you you go past the panel on the peretual scan for cattle, more cattle and more again.

But great? after a long day, when I have to drag myself to the fence to stand upright, then quaff iunnumerable 'relaxants' to ease my bloody neck, well i'll give you a tip.
Use them for an end, but learn how to fly properly where it is easier and perhaps better to do so and move on.

M, i dips me fedora to a certain 61, 205, but mostly a 47.

Apart from that I am quite happy to go free to air to point out techniques that I am well practised in, that may save or help others.
cheers tet