PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kiwi B777 burst 12 tyres in aborted takeoff at NRT
Old 16th Feb 2010, 10:07
blueloo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sir Richard - yes no doubt. (Which was why I mentioned the odd change here or there).

....but my understanding was that boeing went through an alignment of procedures for all Boeing fleets (in so far as possible for standardisation), and additionally many airlines now use Boeing standardised documentation (subject to the Airline requirements) in an effort to (what I would guess) prevent/minimise litigation in the event of a prang.

As to whether the Boeing promulgated RTO procedure varies amongst airlines - (or Air NZ in this instance) - who knows - but I would suggest it is the same.

And realistically, lets not get confused (as has been mentioned a few times) between calling a reject, and the person who actually makes the decision to reject. Only 1 person on the flight deck is the person in charge.

[I would love to see an extract from a Boeing 737/767/747 mainstream Commercial Airline - not military or other odd ops - just to see if it is different and how it varies - just out of curiosity]