PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2010, 05:44
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate, what I'm trying to tell you is there's a difference between what Parc want to see, in order to forward your application, and what the Company wants to see before they put you into training for your ATPL. On day one you'll sit down and fill out a form with lots of different types of hours on it. They want to know what your day/night hours are, not that you've met the requirements to hold an ATPL. As an example of how retentive they can get; we had one FO who had flown for a major far-east airline on the 744. However, he could not prove he had the cross country flying in his logbook so was not put forward for his ATPL check. Instead he had to nip off and fly a Cessna around until he could prove he had the hours and is now back on course, a year worse off.

I also think the people you've spoken to regarding logging hours are in the minority, if they don't separate the two. A quick straw poll certainly indicates everyone here kept day and night hours separate, even before Japan and nobody, so far, has even seen a logbook where there's no capability to log them. Anyhow, it doesn't matter does it. You're sorting out your book and that's the important thing. Just be aware that they will check all the totals etc to ensure everything adds up, as, if they don't, JCAB has a hissy fit and the Company is then in the dwang.

Thanks for the latest from Parc. Things are s...l....o...w...l....y starting to happen with the merger etc, so we may get some solid news eventually, rather than the rumours doing the rounds at the moment. I do hope they keep recruiting and the muttering about having enough pilots between the 2 companies is not true.

MMmm, No.3 is not good news, if it happens. This has been a concern of mine for some time; that the terms and conditions will be brought down to AJX's, following the merger, rather than up to AJV's (11 days off). I'm pretty sure the AJVers of now will be able to argue successfully to maintain their contract but it doesn't look good for the new joiners. Let's hope the contract companies grow some and argue for AJV's conditions post merger for ALL pilots.