PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2010, 01:47
737lpa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it very strange that you have made no distinction between day and night flying. In all of my logbooks, including JAR, there has been a separate column for the two and I've used them appropriately
I will try my best to adapt my logbook and most importantly to adapt to Japanese ways and customs and forget the "why" question, but, please, donīt make feel the "strange" one here having to prove 100 hrs of night time and 200 of x-country after 6 years in RYR and 2 ATPL licences (JAR & FAA).

I respect the Japanese in their land and will abide by their rules, but Iīve discussed this matter with all my bodies and out of the few who keep their logbooks alive NONE of them separate x-country time or night flying for their airline years. Anyway I already started to figure it out and I should get there sometime by the end of the week... ...hopefully...

In other matters, and since you guys are already flying the line and have done nothing but help me since I posted about my intentions, I would like to let you know the latest from Parc in regards to this contract as I was updated today:

1.- No reason to pick AVJ or AVX anymore as, so they say, as we will be operating for both (PAX and CARGO) towards the end of the year.
2.- Starting in APRIL accomodation no longer paid for screening in Tokyo.
3.- No more 11 days off, but rather 10 plus annual leave if possible.
4.- If succesful at the screening (March), course will most likely be for Oct/Nov.
5.- Still looking for people with intentions to keep screening for the rest of the year.

RGRDS

Last edited by 737lpa; 16th Feb 2010 at 02:05.