PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs for a rookie?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2010, 01:03
PosClimb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By this reasoning there are no jobs in the world to be found!! I have noticed two types of attitudes since I started flying. Some people see all the road blocks and others see those tiny cracks to get through them. All the people I went to school with who told me all the reasons we wern't going to get work have fulfilled there own prophecy. On the flip, all of us (very few) who refused to submit to the average employment trends have excelled since school. It is all prospective.
Did I say there are no jobs available? I said getting a job outside your home area as a low hour pilot is generally next to impossible due to immigration and visa rules.

Your positive attitude is not strong enough to bend immigration laws I'm afraid.

I consider it irresponsible when some training organizations fill their students (and prospective students heads) with sh*t about "China's going to need thousands of pilots" or whatever.

That might be meaningful if your Chinese, but it's generally meaningless if if you're not Chinese.

Most countries prefer to hire locals for the entry level position slots because ultimately they want to get rid of the expats someday.

Low hour pilots should focus their time and energies on getting jobs they have a chance to actually find position. In Canada, that means either ramp or instructing.