PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2010, 23:23
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope they donīt expect me to break down 5500 hours of B737 time between day and night because that would mean that I would have to check the sunrise and sunset time for everyday in the past 8 years.
I find it very strange that you have made no distinction between day and night flying. In all of my logbooks, including JAR, there has been a separate column for the two and I've used them appropriately. The cross country is a nonsense and we know that. Likewise, the instrument flying is just daft, but separating night and day flying is quite normal and, to be honest, you're the first person I've ever heard of who hasn't done so.

As far as cross country is concerned, I basically took out all the circuit bashing flights I'd done and everything else is cross country. I can't remember the limit to be deemed cross country but it's something silly, like 7km, so all airline flying is cross country (apart from base training). Luckily, I'd always chucked some numbers in the IF column, so was able to fill that box in easily but I know 99% of airline pilots don't usually record that info....until you get to Japan. But, as for night/day, you are going to have to get your finger out and develop a method for figuring it out. Don't worry though, it's only 5000 hours/1 year at RYR, so it could have been worse

Good luck. It is worth it if you make the effort and you get all the water you could ever wish for.....and noodles