PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 ground handling
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2010, 10:22
righthandrule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work in ground operations for Jet2 at LBA, its a really great place to work! Everything is done in house at LBA and everyone is part of one team. There are some really great guys on the ramp/dispatch/passenger services everyone has a laugh and the duty managers are really good to get on with, it really is one big team effort.

From a PSA's point of view the pay is better than servisair, and from what I understand the same goes for dispatch and ramp. The thing with Jet2 is that there is really never a quiet time, especially at LBA as they have a very varied network i.e Belfast, Amsterdam then Sharm, Tenerife etc so there is always a good flow of flights, they don't all leave at the same time (morning departures start at 7am through to 10am) so yes you might be busy then, but you are not working your arse off then doing nothing for 4 hours, as the early Amsterdam, Belfast get back late morning.

Shifts vary, and are under review for the coming summer but the principal shifts were 4on/4off (generally split shifts i.e. 6-12, 2-6) or 4on/2off (for PSA's the pattern was 4 earlies, 2 days off, 4 lates, 2 days off, 2 earlies etc etc and I think ramp follow a similar pattern)

As for the 5 year history before the interview, Jet2 do this for all their jobs, they are a very fast moving company. For me they had sourced my references three days after I had my interview, so I was able to start within two weeks. Waiting for the call from you're interview, then submitting your 5 year references will take at least two weeks, so it's another two weeks before you get them back, which if everything goes to plan that is a month's wait. It also helps filter out the numpties that DONT have 5 years worth of references and the plonkers that don't have the brains to fill in the application properly.