PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Safety Brief
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2010, 10:18
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PN Are you partially sighted? I ask not to be funny but so far quite a lot of the "standard" EZY safety brief seems to have passed you by.

Sitting at row 13 I can appreciate it would be difficult to see the crew member demonstrating at row one......thats why we put one in the middle of the cabin as well. Quite near to where you sat in fact!

The Oxygen mask is demonstrated by dropping the mask one side and pointing to the ceiling panels opposite by both crew members......again by the one standing very near you as well. If you missed that you could have looked in the safety card in your seat pocket. You are told to study this by the SCCM reading the demo.

If you had any questions you could have asked one of the CC securing the cabin....the ones wearing the bright yellow lifejackets that you also seem to have missed

Of course if you are registered blind it your responsibility to inform the CC. It then becomes our responsibility to brief you seperatly in accordance with CAA regulations. And yes airlines are checked on their safety procedures in accordance with the AOC.

FYI EZY is a UK registered company so therefore required to do the demo in english. We play a tape in the language of the country we are flying from/to as a courtesy to our multi national customers. We don't always have time to do this downroute if the taxi is short and we certainly would not be playing a "miscellany" of foreign tapes in five minutes anywhere......just one can go on for as long as this.

If you think the standard of EZY's safety briefs are "wholly ineffective" I would suggest you contact the safety group at the CAA who will investigate.

In my experience the only time a safety brief is ineffective is when pax talk/read or sleep their way through it

F3G Late pax and seperate briefings? On lufty maybe but on EZY if your late we don't wait

The only brief you would get is on the next flight