PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian Aviation Vacancy Information
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2010, 08:12
soaring.high

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Shanx,
Again what you said is bang on target and you deserve an applause. If we want to fight lets fight against the system rather than fighting amongst our selves.
I have a friend who was declared permanently Unfit at the time of Indial Class-I. He has flown for more than 250 hrs and has a foreign CPL.Holds a Class-I medical of that country and is still valid. The civil aviation authority of that country issued him Class-I which means they approve that the person is fit to fly and perform his duties fully and his physical fitness will not restrict him from doing that.How can Indian civil aviation authority decide that the person is not fit to fly when they are also following the ICAO guidelines?(That country also follows ICAO guide lines).
I may be wrong but I believe that the standards of Indian Class-I medical (Civil) are set on Air force Class-I medical bases.Authorities need to realise that what we are going to fly is civil aviation aircraft and not SU-30s or MIRAGE-2000s.No high G meanuvers and no steep banks(exceeding 25 degrees).I hope the authorities understand these facts or we make the authorities understand the fact as soon as possible so that we can save atleast a few careers from getting over prematurely.