PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian Aviation Vacancy Information
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2010, 07:28
shanx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Optimus.Prime

Bang on ! Although I did not intend to go much deeper into what silver-raptor said, that was precisely what I had in mind ...
This disturbing mindset that we're seeing .. regionalism, "groupism", ...
if nothing else seems to workout, then try to categorize yourself into something which is "supposedly" a MINORITY and then create a ruckus and demand or protest for your "rights".

Some harsh words, Silver-Raptor !! The Indian government is NOT "kicking out" expats.
Expats have not invaded our country and snatched away our (freshers) jobs.

If you want to fight for a change or protest against something, at least make sure it is something reasonable or legitimate.

1. Medicals : A member in this forum had earlier mentioned this. See the number of Indian pilots whose careers have come to a crashing halt or whose dreams have remained dreams because of the ridiculously stringent medical standards.

2. Syllabus of the CPL/ATPL subjects : A lot of archaic and obsolete stuff which needs to be discarded.

3. Validity of the ATPL written exams : What is this magical validity period of 2.5 years ? Wouldnt it be extremely beneficial for the unemployed CPL holders in India right now if we had this system of "Frozen ATPL", like in the EU and certain Middle Eastern countries ?
Especially since we do not have a large GA sector (like in the USA for example), for rookie pilots to build valuable time before they are ready for the biggies.
It would also be an excellent way for unemployed CPL holders to spend some time productively, while waiting for some opportunities to come up in aviation.

4. Examination system : What the heck are we doing in this 21st century with papers, xerox copies, triplicates, attestations ?? And exams for flight crew and AMEs etc being held only 4 times a year ! The unemployed (and employed and aspiring) CPL holders could demand that the DGCA revamp the whole examination and licencing system and bring it at par or on the lines of the FAA. ie. computerized/online exams.

... I could go on and on ...

As one of my instructors told me during IFR training ... "It is very easy to lose your cool and panic, but it requires a calm and composed mind to try and maintain heading and wings level when caught in some cr@ppy weather ! "

Last edited by shanx; 15th Feb 2010 at 07:43.