PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional Flight Training - IR CPL MEP
Old 15th Feb 2010, 06:22
indyk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As being one of the victims I can say this smooth talking confidence man mike bolton as a CFI hasn't got a clue about students or teaching in or out the of sim - what kind of sim instructor takes £200 per hour from a student and doesn't pay any attention to what he's teaching at that time because he's texting and playing with the mobile phone - not giving briefs before the session or any de-briefs after - this substandard level of teaching will always guarantee that the students run over budget and time - the students never had a chance!!!!

And that people!! will be enforced by the students of past, present and CAA examiners at bournemouth and they can all give you there independent opinions on PFT - so if your thinking about training at PFT or at STS for your IR or revalidation ASK someone!!!!!! Ask the schools and the instructors on the air field who have had to pick up the pieces and shattered dreams and try to rebuild them for the students.....

So never mind the amount for cash he owes the current full time students - if the rumours are correct and tony kember and his irish friends are going to buy PFT and then proceed to keep mike boulton as head of training for the 1st year - then we all need to watch out!!!

So, we need to ask the CAA, if there going to let mike boulton and friends get away with this so called excellent standard of teaching again!!!! 'taking massive amounts of money for massively over budget unfinished IR's and CPL's..... (Where the average IR from scratch will cost you in the region of £27,000 and FAA conversions in the region of 20hours in the sim and costing £9,000)......a lot of pain and heart ace'...I'd call it day light robbery!!!!!!!!

But don't take my word for it!!! My suggestion would be ask the ATPL ground schools and overseas partners, the current and past sets of students, the staff, FI's that have been turfed out and the recent set of CAA examiners to give you their opinions on this situation, the company, man they call mike boulton....and although the quotes from other the schools may look more expensive on paper they'll save you so much more in the long run!!!!

Last edited by indyk; 15th Feb 2010 at 07:17.