PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Breitling contacts?
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2010, 18:45
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Whilst it may not have the cache of the Breitling name, Accurist do some very decent - and incredibly robust - watches.

I still have the Accurist my parents bought me as a birthday present whilst at university, some ahem yes quite, years ago. It 'looks the part' in that it is no nonsense, stainless steel, bezel and luminous hands / numbers on a black dial. It has so far survived skiing accidents, life on (and under) a glacier, diving, flying, multiple dets in the desert and a car crash.

In all those years, the only thing that went wrong with it have was the first replacement battery (after 5 yrs) failing after only a year. I rang Accurist to complain about it, they agreed a year was pretty poor and asked me to send it back for a free replacement and re-sealing. Never had any other problems since. Incidentally, when I did send it in the first time, they opened it up and asked why it was full of sand! That said, even though it had plenty of sand in it, it remained waterproof and still worked after a good soaking. Breitlings may look nice, but frankly for the money I think I'll stick with my old reliable Accurist.