PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow & other Oz offshore pay deals
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2010, 12:57
Bluntendboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a friend who flies with Bristow Australia and he speaks very highly of the company in general. He said there is excellent and thorough training, very good pay and conditions, and overall a great bunch of guys to tour with...he said you'd go a long way to find a better flying position anywhere else!

On the touring front, he had to move over to Perth from the east coast like many others before him and said Perth is not so bad, though it is a little overpriced in some respects for housing thanks to the mining and oil/gas industry workers generally earning big dollars. To compare, friends of mine operating various bits of machinery in the mines earn similar amounts ($130-160k) to the captains...that is how much the mine/oil/gas guys can earn!!!

Apparently, the only people who will be toured from anywhere will be the contract captains who arrive on the doorstep already trained and ready to go. All others applying for full-time positions will be required to move to Perth to accept a position, unless they have a type endorsement and have either 250 or 500hrs PIC on that type. Someone who works there will have to confirm the exact hour requirements.