PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbulence ends, airlines begin hiring pilots, crew
Old 14th Feb 2010, 12:05
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Third Quarter of Next Financial Year

Very interesting linguistically.

The statement is being made in a 4th quarter of FY 2009-2010. The next financial must be after this financial year. so I will guess third quarter of next financial year would be Late 2010.

It is so in contrast with this situation,

Lets say on a Friday the 13th I make a statement

A) This Sunday I will go to the beach. => Sunday the 15th
B) Next Sunday I will go to the beach. => Sunday the 22nd
C) Next Friday I will go to the beach. => Friday the 20th (NOT 27th)

Do let me know if there is any other spin on this.

Mr Kaul, has few smart people working in his consultancy, and I am sure he must be having a good deal of data about Indian aviation.

But to take into point the cautionary note extended by Potato232, we are not sure about his interests being aligned with the job-seeker's.

I agree with Shanx, what Thiagarajan is saying is plain hyperbole. "Hey! Look my load factors are going up let me just go ahead and reduce them a bit."

For the USA, Bureau of Labor Statistics says:
Aircraft pilots and flight engineers are expected to grow about as fast as the average for all occupations. Regional airlines and low-cost carriers will present the best opportunities; pilots attempting to get jobs at the major airlines will face strong competition.
Though I have quoted it here, but am not sure how the BoLS fares in public opinion.