PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class Rating Instructor: "class" & "type"
Old 14th Feb 2010, 11:49
betterfromabove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely. My own Comfort Zone will of course be situated elsewhere, depending on the complexity of the difference. Specifically, am interested in using the CRI to teach tailwheel eventually. Realise would be challenging, but believe would be a really worthwhile thing to do with the CRI qualification.

Any comments out there, or people who've gone similar route, on how many hours T/W before they felt ready to teach it? Is a subjective question I know, but interested to get an order of magnitude(!) Have 30 so far on several types, but looking to get a T/W share to build hours and knowledge further....

It was the reference to "type" in LASORS that find really unclear. In the context, I'm presuming it is lumped together with "class", since some CRI's - with the relevent TRI rating - will be effectively checking out a "type" (say, a C208) and others - more the standard PPL-CRI case - a "class" (SEP) - is this a correct interpretation?!?

And the "10 hours in the past 12 months" rule would also presumably mean "class" in the PPL-CRI case....is that correct??