PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My adventure in the Top End
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2010, 11:13
Krazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I know, I haven't posted for a while. I don't have a job yet, but there are a couple of things in the wind at the moment. Ranging from very good opportunity if it were to happen, to unpaid flying work which I would do on a weekend basis if there were no other options (and I had another job in the area, and since if I didn't do it, someone else would!)

Am now in a bit of a bigger town, visiting people from my personal life. Have also decided that due to considerations much larger than my desire to fly, if none of the opportunities come through, I will not be sitting and withering away in a small outback town where my life wastes away. I will simply go work in my old profession somewhere where I can do flying on weekends (a couple of opportunities for that have at least presented themselves). This will allow me to still earn a decent income while getting my hours up, and also giving me an insurance policy that if flying doesn't work out, I have not burnt all my bridges. That's something which I reckon is important in general and a philosophy I intend to apply to this part of my life as much as any other. I don't believe in putting all my eggs in one basket, and I don't believe in burning bridges. I do still hope deeply that I will have the opportunity to be based somewhere away from the big towns and cities and enjoy life at the same time as enjoying flying!