PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class Rating Instructor: "class" & "type"
Old 14th Feb 2010, 10:39
betterfromabove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class Rating Instructor: "class" & "type"

Hi

Can someone clarify what is meant by LASORS 2008 Sec H3.2 in terms of the CRI pre-course requirements:

"Completed at least 30 hours PIC on the applicable type or class of aeroplane prior to commencement of the course".

The same ambiguity also appears on the statement concerning adding a new "type or class" in Sec H3.3:

"Before the privileges of the rating are extended to another type or class of aeroplane, the holder shall within the past 12 months have completed a least:
10 hours flight time in aeroplanes of the applicable type or class..."

Now, am I right in interpreting "type" here to be "Type" (i.e. an aircraft requiring a Type rating)?? I'm basing this partly on thinking of where the qualification originating, i.e. allowing company pilots to do checkouts.

I'm coming at this from a purely SEP angle and wondering what kind of hours and currency I would need. My current understanding is that the relevent bit here is that for the CRI (SPA) you need to satisfy 30hrs P1 SEP.....and that (aside from your own comfort to teach it, another question entirely!) any differences are carried forward from your PPL sign-offs?

So, no min hours to teach "differences"...?!?

Many thanks for the help!

Cheers
BFA