PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 14th Feb 2010, 07:05
RandyBMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it will have to get better than it is now simply because we will be getting more routes.While we only have 7-8 days scheduled off, I know I am getting quite a few more than that since we aren't being used on standby days.

That isn't necessarily good, because the pay isn't up, but we are not flying the other 22 days of the month. We are also home every night (or day).

I also would like to know why you think the software is an excuse? Just negative? Wait and see, and I will be the first to admit a problem when one becomes apparent. As long as I am kept in the loop and things are being done to correct issues, I will give the powers that be a chance.

I totally agree that the flight crews are the best part of working here. Good times!

DDRJ440,

I would guess the average FO has 5000-6000 hours total time, most of that in jets. Half or so in the 737 of one variant or another. 1000 in the 300/500 should be enough if you have quality experience besides that, decent total time and a type rating in the 737.

I want this to be clear to all considering flydubai: this place is not perfect. It is far from it. There are issues with the rosters, we do not have all of our destinations, and there are certainly the standard folks you run into at all companies building their own empires. If you are flexible however, I think it is a great place. It is one of the best airlines I have worked at from a people perspective. We have folks that really care about the direction of the airline, and from the management I have seen genuine effort to make things right (which is why I am inclined to give the schedules a chance to sort out as we get the routes and aircraft to support good rosters). We can all complain about the company we work for - even the best in the world! All in all, there are fewer gripes here than at any other airline I have seen, especially in the Middle East.

If anyone has any questions at all, I will do my best to answer them as honestly and unbiased as possible.

Hope that helps!
RandyBMC

Last edited by RandyBMC; 1st Mar 2010 at 11:10.