PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: The REX Cadet Scheme
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2010, 06:17
Aussie_Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REX Pilot Cadet Scheme.

Wow, what a 'mine field' of opinions and experiences regarding this thread !

In direct relation to the REX Pilot Cadet Scheme, I am interested to learn if the REX recruiting ethos actually 'discriminates' against age ? By this, I suggest an age range of say 35+. Do those applicants' in the over 35 bracket find themselves culled in the first instance ?

I know for fact that the ADF have produced some very fine pilots who joined around the 40 - 45 mark. Do REX view a more mature applicant as being a risk in the training regime and subsequent check to line status ?
From a rather naive perspective: I perceive this scheme as being ideal for the older/mature applicants' who have limited or no real desire to move onto the Majors.

Can anyone describe the REX training scheme/syllabus to any degree ? I see the new Academy is well on its way to completion - so, one would expect excellent facilities for the aspiring cadets.

I don't offer an opinion one way or the other concerning the validity or benefits of this scheme. I am neither an ardent supporter or detractor. I just hope those who are accepted and succeed on course, move forward in their careers with great success.

Cheers