PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Five people to face Concorde crash trial
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2010, 05:26
20driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
No system is perfect - but some are better

I think the criticism of the French system is a little rich coming from Americans.

Anyone care to discuss the technical merits of the jury decisions in:

The Carnahan case - It was the vacuum pumps fault despite the fact the pump showed no broken vanes. But hey what does the NTSB know.

Silk Air - Sorry it wasn't suicide, just an never seen before set of problems with a pcu. Lets not trouble ourselves over the lack of CVR and FDR data.

The Mid air at Meigs with the radio guy, Bob Grant? - they managed to hang that one on a guy flying Bonzana who had left the pattern due to a gear down problem. It seems he distracted the controllers. We will ignore totally that Mr Grant misreported his position while flying VFR circuits and killed another pilot (Who did not f**K up) as a result.

Its a moot point as no French judge would have made a decision in these cases, as the examining magistrate would never have let theses cases come to court.

I live in America and get to pay for these stupid and wrong jury "feel good" decisions every time I pay my insurance, buy a part or pay my mechanic. Give me three french judges any day of the week.

20driver